Tuesday, July 7, 2015

SURPRISE!!!

Hey everyone! 

Transfer calls came this week, and because the Lord always strives to keep us on our toes, we had a couple surprises! 

are you all ready??
...
.....
.......
...........

I'M TRAINING!!!!!!! WOOHOOOO!!!
I'll be staying in Lappeenranta for another two months with my new trainee! She gets off the plane tonight and I'll be heading to Helsinki to pick her up tomorrow, it's super surreal. I honestly feel like I JUST got here, that I JUST passed training and that I JUST BARELY know enough to keep the work moving along. Please pray for me! 

With that being said, Sisar Powell is heading out to Kuopio (the "bellybutton" of Finland) ( Don't ask. I don't know who comes up with these sayings) We shed a couple tears together when we got the call, I knew we wouldn't be staying together, but it was a huge shock that I was going to be staying in LPR for another change and that she was going.

We've had a lot of good moments together, I've never met anyone so willing to be obedient and to endure to the end. I'm going to miss her a lot...

But, kuitenkin, she is going to rock Kuopio! 

Other than that...I have no idea what happened this week, it really was just a blur. 


It's hard to imagine that within this next month I'll be turning 20 and be hitting my halfway mark. It's been almost a year to the day when I got my call letter stating that I would be serving this mission. 

Looking back on it now, I had no idea what serving a mission meant or what it would entail, I had no idea about the blessings that would come from it or about the trials I would have to overcome. There are still so many things that I have yet to learn, it's a scary thought, but it's also a comforting one. I know that whoever I will be in the end will be someone that the Lord would want me to be.   


Sisar Watson, minä, ja Sisar Powell. We were all matching! 


I was super sad to hear the passing of Elder Packer, I have always looked up to him as an apostle of the Lord. Here is a quote from him:

"There is no end to His power to bless and direct the lives of those who seek truth and righteousness."

-The Reason for Our Hope

I know that it is true, we never need to feel alone or abandoned when the Lord is on our side. The Spirit of the Lord can overcome all things, and can heal all wounds as long as we strive to obey his commandments and live worthily of his blessings. 

I know that all the hardships we face are for our benefit and for our growth.

Rakkaudellani,
Sisar Kwok 


No comments:

Post a Comment