Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The gift of tongues (this time, it's the real one!)

Hyvä Päivä kaikille!

It's crazy the amount of things that can happen within a week, a month, or half a year. Half the time, I forget that what I do everyday is not "normal", it's amazing to see that missionary life is my life now. I go to bed at 10:30 and then wake up at 6:30 and then the rest of the time is the Lord's time. People can find that very difficult, I found it to be difficult for a while but I testify that there is a peace that comes into our lives when we realize that all we do is for a greater purpose.


But....I GOT MY TRAINEE!!!!
Her name is Sister Hyde and she is from

...
.....
......(Drum roll)...

PROVO, UTAH!

That's right everybody, the big leagues!

It's super funny that everything turned out the way it did, because the night before transfers I was freaking out about what language she would speak or where she would come from.  Poor Sister Powell had to console me for like half an hour telling me that my trainee was probably going to be from Utah. Haha, no surprise there.

I am super excited to be working with her, it was funny because we knew each other even before she came into the country. She had found my blog online and emailed me about some questions she had about clothes and culture. I had only been in the country for 3 weeks at the time, so I couldn't answer very well but I remember reading from her email how funny it would be if I ended up training her.

And I am!

SPIRIT OF PROPHECY!!!!!

Life is crazy people.

The work is going along, but pretty slowly, we haven't been able to find too many new investigators, so hopefully we will be able to pick that up and build up our teaching pool again.
We're trying to come up with some new contact approaches, sometimes saying the exact same phrases over and over again just doesn't cut it.

Nevertheless, It's been very humbling to see how far I've come in this language, especially in situations where I know that I wouldn't have been able to understand anything without the influence of the Holy Ghost.

esimerkiksi: 
Yesterday we had a lesson with an investigator who has a slight lisp. He talks very low and fast and most of the time our member can't even tell what he is saying. I was sort of anxious about the lesson because I knew that Sisar Hyde probably wouldn't be able to really follow anything and that I would have to most of the teaching. But right when we entered the lesson I felt peace, and I was actually able to understand so much more than I had ever before!
Granted...most of the stuff I understand was from when he was talking about his out of body experience with demonic angels while he was on hardcore drugs, but still!

I am so grateful for the blessing of the gift of tongues and for the opportunity to spread the gospel in the Finnish language!

Picture (Sisar Hyde (the older one, not my trainee) and sisar Herrmann) (we all finished training with Sisar Dowd, that's why we decided to take this "family picture")

 


Love you all,
Sisar Kwok ​

No comments:

Post a Comment