Monday, May 16, 2016

The End.

So you know how I sent out this epic email last week serenading my mission and basically making myself sound like it was my last P-day?? 

well it wasn't. 

Turns out I actually had one more....so here we go! 

This week was just a great big cherry to top off the ice cream sundae of my missionary life.  A certain investigator we had been working with had his baptismal service on SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

It was one of the most multicultural ones I've ever seen (and that is saying a lot considering how many people I've taught from foreign countries) there were bits and pieces of the service done in English, Finnish, Swedish and even Icelandic. I remember just feeling so content with life, I have truly learned how to savor the simple things in life as I've been out here, can you imagine it folks? Finns have taught me how to be quiet and to savor the YKSINKERTAISTA things, I am grateful that I've had the opportunity come to learn of their culture and lifestyle. Remember how I compared Finnish to Elvish at the beginning of my mission? I honestly think that is the perfect way to describe the Finnish people, they're all just elves! 

We also ate a lot of CAKE during this baptism, which made Sister Kwok way happy!  🍰🍰 
All in all, it was an amazing day to celebrate a wonderful child of God into the fold.

But happy moments also mean bittersweet endings, I don't think I've cried this much in a long time (and that is saying a lot!) it's painful whenever ward members ask you where you are heading for the next transfer and you have to mouth the word "home" to them. Especially because they get these huge eyes and gasp, "EI OIKEASTI, MITÄ??

I will truly, truly miss the people that I have met here, every single one.  

To close off my final email, I would like to just quote a couple scriptures from Alma 26 (because Ammon is a lot better with words than I am) 

 11 But Ammon said unto him: do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joyand will rejoice in my God.

 12 Yea, know that am nothingas to my strength am weak; therefore will not boast of myself, but will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all thingsyea,behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

16 Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord;yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercyand of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, say unto you, cannot say the smallest part which feel.


I never knew how much my mission would change me when I first opened my mission call, or even when I stepped into the MTC two Octobers ago, I had absolutely no idea of all of the amazing things that were going to happen and all of the doors that it would open in my life. But I do know that miracles happen, and I know that I will never stop being a disciple of our Savior. 

Thank you so much for being a part of my conversion and adventures in Finland. 

Until we meet again, 
Sisar Kwok 





No comments:

Post a Comment