Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The best 18 months.

Dear Family and Friends, 

Things are really wrapping down to a close now, I never thought I would say this, but this is my last full week of full-time missionary work. How can that be, since I feel like I still have so much to learn? Although I have a life-time to progress, I thought I would write down in this email the things I DID learn. 

So here they are...1 for every month :) 

1.  So far, I've learned to... pray always.
2.  and then pray again.
3.  never forget to be charitable
4. The Savior is ALWAYS there, and He knows what to do.
5.  Never give up. 
6.  Smile, you never know who will be watching :)
7.  Love your companion, even if they are weird and will only eat oatmeal for all meals. (I love you!) 
8.  Miracles do and will happen! 
9.  Don't go into sketchy apartment buildings if you feel like you shouldn't. No, it's not worth it. And no, I'm pretty sure no one will be sober enough to understand what you are saying. 
10. Do the right thing, even when it's hard.
11. Get out on time, you'll regret it later. 
12.FINNISH, this one's a given though... (also, thought I would add that I am officially now trying to learn Pigeon from a recent convert. It's real, look it up!) 
13. Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not break. (Or in other words, I've had to learn how to let things go
14. How to read a MAP!!! I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF. 
15. How to make any type of baked dessert while cooking a meal within an hour. 
16. BE OBEDIENT.
17. I love being a missionary.
18. I know the gospel is true

In reality, there are so many things that I could add to this list, but the most important thing that I learned from being here in Finland, serving the Lord, is that the gospel is true. I know that the church has been restored. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet, and that the Lord Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. 

I've seen his hand in my life too many times to ever deny that. 

So here we go...here's to the best 18 months! I'll talk to you all next week :) 

Sisar Kwok 



No comments:

Post a Comment