Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Road trip!!!

SO MANY THINGS HAPPENING 
YOU CANNOT EVEN BELIEVE

Rakkaat family and friends, 

This past week has been way intense, and I mean intense as in...

1.We were at the mission home for FOUR days receiving awesome training.
All of the new missionaries and trainers gathered together to go over things mentioned in the 12 week training program, it was such a cool experience to be sitting in President Watson's living room and looking around while thinking "Man, what a solid group of youth...and I'm a part of it!" Honestly though, being a missionary is like hands down the coolest thing I've ever down. Still gets me even though I've been here for more than a year. I learned so much on what it means to lose myself in the work. There was something that President Watson said that left an impression on my mind. It was something along the lines of, "Elders and Sisters, just work. Just work every day. Do it for the rest of your life. Do your best in all things and trust in Him." I'm sure his actual words were a lot more eloquent, but the core message was that faith is a verb. We cannot reap the fruit of our actions without first exercising our agency. 

2.We visited the Helsinki Temple....(-_-) best thing ever.  

3. We went to Pietarsaari, which is literally the smallest area in Finland, and also the most beautiful place I have ever seen. We had District Conference (pretty much Stake Conference) with Elder Dryden in the Area 70, we got to talk to him after and he told us how much we are needed to strengthen the members in their missionary work. I felt so grateful that we have amazing leaders who preside and watch over our work. There are no sister missionaries in Pietarsaari, so we ended up staying the night in A HOTEL. Now, I've seen some pretty cool things on my mission so far, but this just takes the cake. The place was this remodeled old brick factory/cottage. Super cool! 
Since we had some extra time there, we also contacted around, we had to learn some Swedish from one of the Swedish elders, so now I can officially say, "Hi, we are missionaries from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints, this is the Book of Mormon." In really bad American sounding Swedish. Gift of tongues folks! 

4. We have another investigator with a baptismal date for May 7! She was a referral from the elders, we are super stoked to be teaching her! 


I will send some pictures in another email :) 

I love this land, I love this work! I love waking up every morning and hearing the birds chirping. 
I love speaking to the people, in whatever language they speak, and I love the Book of Mormon. I know that it is a testament of our Savior Jesus Christ. 

Love you all too! :) 
Sisar Kwok 


No comments:

Post a Comment