Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Of him, I am a witness.

Dear friends and families, 

This weekend was an amazing one, I love general conference. I love listening to the words of the prophets and apostles, they know who we are, what we go through, and they feel our needs. 
I felt that so deeply as I listened to what they said, every single speaker had a sense of urgency, and confidence in their message. 

This past week, Sisar Roberts and I saw a lot of unplanned miracles, we were able to set a baptismal date with one of our young investigators for May 14, he is doing so well! We are really excited to see him progress in the gospel! 

Other than that, we had a great lesson with a new investigator, he isn't Christian, has no Christian background, and yet, when we invited him to say the closing prayer at the end of our lesson, he did it so willingly and humbly. I guided him through all the steps, and it basically was him repeating all the words I said, while looking down at his folded hands. It was so precious, I've mentioned so many times how an investigator's prayer is my favorite part of being a missionary, and this one really touched my heart and helped me feel the spirit. If we would truly pray like a child does everyday, I know our hearts would grow closer to our Father in Heaven every time. 

I cannot believe how fast time is passing, I don't know what I am going to do when I leave! 
Next week, we will be having an early p-day since we will be heading to Helsinki for additional training. If you would like to email me anything make sure to send it before monday! As in, Sunday or Saturday night!

Funny story of the week:
My awesome new missionary keeps mistaking Isäntä (father of the house) for Emäntä (mother of the house) whenever we go tracting, it's resulted in a lot of awkward stare downs until I finally decide to say "...so do you live here??" 

Haha we've laughed over it a lot, it reminds me so much of how Elder Calhoun make the mistake of saying Meneer instead of Mufrau when he meets Kyle Harrison in the Best Two Years. Classic. 


Rakkaudellani,
Sisar Kwok 

No comments:

Post a Comment