Tuesday, March 8, 2016

The final countdown.

Minun rakat veljet, sisaret, perheni, ja ystävät.....
 

Sister Kwok is going to be getting her last change call this week, holy schnapinschteiners. 
IS THIS REALLY REALLY REAL?????????

So...where is Sister Kwok going to go??? To be honest, I would love to stay in Vaasa, this city is BLESSED, the saints here are truly incredible and we are working with such wonderful people. Seeing that my companion has been here for such a long period of time means that we might be parting ways, which is very very sad, I love Sisar Cardon! She is such a great example of diligence and love for others! 

But after all that has been said, I will go and do whatever the Lord wants me to do :) 

This week has been a good one, the sun has been out, the snow is slowly, slowly starting to melt, birds are flying in the sky, and my socks are getting soaked. I think my favorite seasons in Finland are spring and summer. EVERYTHING comes to life in the summer, there are flowers everywhere and it smells so good to just be outside. I really really hope that summer comes early this year. 

Yesterday we taught a man that we had contacted on the street, we had begun to teach him about a month ago, but because of his busy busy schedule he hadn't been able to continue meeting. 

We started to teach him the message of the restoration, and I remember just praying in my heart beforehand that I would be able to say what I felt in understandable Finnish and that I would be able to understand his needs. As we went throughout the whole lesson, I felt so relaxed and at peace. I realized in my heart that although I have taught this lesson to countless people, in several different ways and scenarios, that the message is true. That Joseph Smith is a prophet, and that everything, EVERYTHING has been restored. 

I am so grateful for the message of the restoration and for Joseph Smith's humble prayers. 

Other fun things:
  • Sister Cardon and I ate dinner on a swing set next to a portion of the Baltic Sea the other day. While we were eating we saw a bunch of people skiing on the frozen sea. So we got the awesome idea of biking across the frozen water to get to our next appointment. WE BIKED ON THE FROZEN BALTIC!!!! 
  • We calculated that on Friday we...biked 20 kilometers, played intensive Sähly for an hour, and walked another 5 kilometers to get to and from places. crazy.
Anyway, I love you all!!! Enjoy every day! 
Sisar Kwok 




No comments:

Post a Comment