Tuesday, January 5, 2016

A ride on the Polar Express!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello everyone! 

A LOT HAS HAPPENED since my last email, but missions are kind of funny like that huh?

Last Tuesday, Sister Carter and I went to the temple in Espoo, I was so happy to be able to be there and see ward members that I had left behind in Lappeenranta. One of them had actually received his mission call while I had been gone, it was a huge blessing to be able to ponder the promise of an eternal relationship with those that I have met on my mission. I know that I will remember Finland and the people here until the day I die, and probably for the rest of the eternities! 

After our temple trip, we rush home just in time to buy our groceries, eat a sandwich and head out to do the work...and then it happens. As we are planning for our next day, we receive a call from President Watson, telling me that I was going to be transferred early to a new city- Vaasa-to be with Sister Cardon, who just barely got out of training. By Saturday, we celebrated New Years, I packed my bags, found my wallet at the police station, said goodbye to Sister Carter, and jumped on train to the North! (Or in other words, THE POLAR EXPRESS) 

So here I am, in a new city, with a new companion on the opposite side of the country, and it's only been 5 days since New Years. 

Reminds me of my last New Years in the country haha. 

That being said, I said farwell (temporarily) to Riikki Jr. (the bike), we weren't able to get him on the train in time, so we ended up chaining him to a random tram stop. Hopefully Sister Carter finds him...otherwise he'll be spending the rest of the Finnish winter outside. 

Speaking of WINTER. HOLY SNAPINSCHTEINERS  IT IS COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. 


Vaasa is on the north west coast, and which means that I went from -5 in Helsinki to -16 degrees celsius. Not only that, but the car that the sisters USED to use here was totaled, so we are now a complete walking area. No car heating for Sister Kwok and Cardon! Hahah we are so excited for this next transfer, it's going to be so fun! 

I love the people here already, they are completely darling and friendly, EVERYONE tells me that I was heading to the "Land of Dreams" because the ward here is so incredible and the work here is phenomenal, (so many asian investigators...) I LOVE VAASA!!!!!!!!!

Rough translation. "Believe Me" -Jesus


​We were walking through the park in Vaasa, and we saw all these ducks! I don't know how they aren't frozen already!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment