Tuesday, December 22, 2015

CHEESE???

Niin, minun rakaat perhe ja ystävät...

This week has been quite the week. 
Both good and bad.

Let's start off with last P-day. Everything was going well, we finished emailing on time and even had a little extra time to get something to eat before we caught a tram to head to our next destination. And that is when it happened. 

I lost my wallet. 

The only sad thing was that I didn't realize this until an hour later when I was trying to buy an antique metal goblet that was carved into the shape of an elephant doing a handstand from a Finnish thrift store. Sadly, I didn't get the goblet, and I wasn't able to find my wallet either when we went back to the restaurant to look for it. 

Let's hope I find it soon! 

BUT, there are always good things that happen! 
Things such as...
  • We were able to meet with a referral from the Elders who is absolutely golden. Can't say much more than that, but it was awesome! 
  • We were able to give out 10 Book of Mormons in ONE day, when we went on exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders. 
  • One of the investigators we've been working with for 3 months was finally able to come to church!! 
Also, these are more for fun:
  • I sat next to a lady on the tram the other day and asked her how her day was going. She just looked at me with the most astonished expression, I wish I could've taken a picture of it. We held eye contact for a considerable amount of time, so I ended up saying, "Puhutko Suomea??" (do you speak Finnish?) and instantly she looks out and window and whispers, "I don't want to talk." Finns.
We decided to ask if the man selling burgers inside a street kioski would like to learn more about the Book of Mormon. He was asian and didn't speak a whole lot of English. It went like this.
"Hello! We are here from our church tell--"
"CHEESE!"
"No, no, from our CHURC--"
"You want cheeseburger?"
"No thank you. We are sharing a message about this book--"
"No, no,no, if you don't want cheese, I sell cheeseburger."

He then shut his little window on us and that was the end of our contact. 

Church. Not cheese. 

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful Christmas season! I am grateful for the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. He truly is Wonderful, the Prince of Peace, Counselor, the Mighty God.
I know He lives and that He knows us. 

Merry Christmas,
SIsar Kwok 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment