Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Things Finns say...

Terveisiä Kaikkille!

I thought I'd put more thought into my weekly email this week, since I've been such a stinker from the past couple of emails. I sincerely apologize, if it wasn't for my daily planner, I probably wouldn't have even made it to the library today, so we'll see how this goes! 

Ensiksi:
Weather update: It's getting cold. WINDY. No snow yet, but it's been pouring rain now for a solid couple of days so I am starting to really wish for snow now. The sun sets around 4-5 now, which is a big change from just 3 months ago when we had to sleep with black out drapes over our windows but hey! no complaints, it helps us go to sleep faster haha! 

Other than that, Sister Hayter and I said our goodbyes last wednesday, we spent Tuesday with Sister Reynolds who had to stay with us because her companion was moving to Vaasa, so we basically were a tripanionshiop for a day! Woo hoo! It was such a strange thing, we felt like a mob when we tried to contact people on the streets, I'm so glad I haven't had to serve in a tripe yet. 

We picked up Sister Carter right after and we've been going nonstop! Sister Carter is from Nephi, Utah, 23 yrs old and is studying graphic design at UVU, or in other words, she is very artistic! I love it because we get to talk about sketching and color matching, I really missed that haha. 

Anyway more about the subject line in this email, we met a lady on the tram the other day who taught us a Finnish tongue twister. 

Try saying this baby 10 times:
Kokoo kokko. Koko Kokkoko? Koko Kokko. 
Translation:
Gather a bonfire. An entire bonfire? An entire bonfire. 

Doesn't really make sense, but it's fun to say. 

There's also the word: Jättelötötterön which sounds like: yeah-te-lur-tur-te-rurn 
It means ice cream cone. 

Anyway, I love you all! I know the church is true! I know that God loves us! 
Have a good week! 
Sisar Kwok


Pictures: 
1. Our shower drain, don't look at it if you can't take it!  

2. Sister Carter and I 




No comments:

Post a Comment