Tuesday, August 25, 2015

The District :)

So a funny thing about being in the same area for half a year is that you get to see it in every single season, I remember arriving into Lappeenranta at the tail end of winter, when everything was just slush and misery, saw it transform as flowers started to bloom and the weather started to warm up, I've experienced the summer humidity and blinding rays of the midnight sun and now, the leaves are starting to fall and the clouds are gathering back up. 

Being able to see these things and to watch change happen is a testimony that this world was created by a loving Heavenly Father, and that his perfect plan requires the agency of man. 

This past week was good and hard, for several different reasons. it was hard in the fact that so many of our plans fell through but it was good in the way that I have truly seen the love of God in my life. Every single week is different, some are disappointing while others are exciting, but the constant presence of the Holy Ghost reminds me that no matter what happens, as long as I am I working my hardest, the work will be done and that I am fulfilling my missionary purpose. 

Anyway, with that being said, Sister Kwok got to give a talk in sacrament meeting this week! WOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!! It actually went pretty smoothly, I cried, but that's nothing new. After the meeting was over, our recent convert came up to me to tell me how much I had progressed in the language from 2 months ago. My mind was blown! 

After that, our district meeting got switched around again and we ended up meeting yesterday. I love our district, they are the greatest bunch of missionaries I know, we have so much fun be we also get so much work done, they are all amazing. We made jokes about who was going to be taken out and who was staying, Elder Hatch and I have both been in the same area for the longest, so we assumed that we are going to be transferred, but you never know! 


​Lappeenranta-Mikkeli-Savonlinna District 

We get our transfer calls this week, and we shall see what the Lord has in store for me! 
Until next week,
Sisar Kwok 

No comments:

Post a Comment