Monday, August 31, 2015

Away we go....

Hey Everyone!

The reason I'm writing early this week is because of transfers, we got our calls this past Friday and guess where I'm heading now...

drumroll...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
....
....
...
...
...
HELSINKI! 

That's right! Not only Helsinki, but the Neitsytpolku ward, which is in the very heart of the capital! I'll be finishing the training of another sister who just came into the country last transfer named Sister Hayter! 

I am so excited to be serving in the city, most of the time if people ever mentioned Helsinki, I would think in my head, "Oh, you mean that one really noisy, crowded place that we have go through in order to get to President's house, that place?" But now I actually get to SEE it!!

That being said, it's strange packing up my stuff and trying to fit my life into two suitcases again. Right after we got the call, I remember looking around the apartment, trying to mentally figure out which things I needed to pack first and I realized that I LIVED here. Our tiny little apartment that had recently become infested with fruit flies (I don't know what happened) had become my real home. 

I have gotten so used to the farm fields and forests that surround this place (yesterday we saw a couple driving on the road with a tractor that was bigger than a house) I have loved being able to ride our bikes down by the lake Saimaa and to smell the freshness of the pine trees and open air.

Also, I had to say goodbye to my recent convert family, man! Goodbyes are SO HARD! I am so thankful for modern day technology and for the ability to skype and email them when I come home! This little town has changed me for the better, I remember coming into the area, we only had a handful of investigators and I didn't speak the language as well as I needed to. It took a lot of faith and humbling, a lot of patience and perseverance but slowly the Lord was able to change me into the missionary that I needed to be, I've witnessed the miracles that He brings to pass and I hope that He never stops trying to help me become a better person.

It's going to be hard to say goodbye, but...onward and upward! 
Like the words of my favorite song say:
"Eespäin, aina eespäin näin me käymme nimesään, käykää, eespäin käykää, voitto laulu kajahtaa. Tahdomme näin Herraa, Kuningasta palvela!" 
(Herrasta ja Kuninkaasta, Called to Serve.)

Kunnes me kuuntellimme toinen toiseltä taas, nähdään! 

Sisar Kwok 



No comments:

Post a Comment