Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Amputating appendages, but we are still doing great!

Hi everyone!

It's been a great week, a lot of Finnish, a lot of slipping and sliding, but still doing well!

Things really picked up! As a companionship we've found 6 new investigators within this week which is really great! One of them is a girl named R, she approached us on the bus and we were able to discuss a lot of really great things, I am so excited to teach her!

Other than a lot of finding, President Watson stopped by on Sunday to interview us! It was so great, I love President, they always say that your mission president will be like a second dad to you and I agree!

A couple of days ago we hit a solid -18 degrees. It was awesome. Sisar Owens and I were at a bus stop waiting for a bus and she turned to me and said, "I am legitimately afraid that we will have to amputate our toes off tonight."  But don't worry! It was really not as bad as it sounds!  

Interesting story of the week:

Seeing as I can't speak Finnish very well yet, we decided to try walking into a chinese restaurant in the city to see if anyone spoke Cantonese. We ended up teaching the woman working there in three languages, Finnish, Mandarin, and Cantonese. The woman was actually from mainland China and did not speak any Cantonese. I just thought she said she did, so here I am spouting off in Cantonese, and she's just looking at me like "Who is this girl?"

Let's just say that it was really really awkward, because no one had a clue who was speaking what or what was being said. BUT at least she knows now that she is a daughter of God and that He loves her! 



I love you all!

Email me, I'd love to hear from you!

Sisar Kwok 

(also this computer doesn't have an SD card reader, so maybe pictures next week?)


No comments:

Post a Comment