Monday, August 11, 2014

Anticipation and Motivation

Welp! I've hit the twenty day mark since receiving my call, I officially report in SEVENTY-NINE days to the Provo MTC!!! And because this is a celebration I've decided to FINALLY upload some pictures of my mission call opening, whoo hoo!!!





(1. Photo with my dad 2. Photo with my parents 3.The lettter!! 4. With my sister Helen)
I have so many more photos than this and I want to thank everybody who came, I just haven't found the time to transfer the photos from my dad's iPad to the computer. Hopefully I can upload them soon!

Anyway...
Recently, I've been having difficulties focusing on tasks that I need to do. I'm not sure if this is normal pre-mission anxiety or if it's just something I've developed over the past couple of weeks as a result of not going to school for 4 months. Don't get me wrong, I still clean the house, take showers and exercise, I'm not a total wreck but I just cannot seem to read the Book of Mormon or study Preach My Gospel for more than 10 minutes at a time. This makes me a little nervous because these two books are basically staples in the missionary diet, if you haven't thoroughly studied either of them, then the MTC is going to be rough. (or so i've heard)
It's not like I don't want to study them, I know having a solid foundation is crucial for the upcoming months, but it's like I physically cannot sit still for that long, which is quite shocking given that fact that I am a total bookworm and a devoted student at school.
 
Adding on to all of this stress is the idea that I will have to learn FINNISH along with everything else. Not a day goes by when someone I know will congratulate me on my call but then tell me that Finnish is the hardest language to learn in the MTC, and all I end up doing is just nodding my head and smiling because really, I have nothing to say.

What am I supposed to say to that??

Instead, I'll just let the legendary Sean Bean do the talking for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment