Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Fear NOT little flock!

So...this week 
There was good and bad... of course. 
Our amazing investigator S.M. agreed to the baptismal date of Oct 10. This guy is such trooper, even though he had a fever and his face was bright red, he STILL came to the YSA fireside with Elder Kelbengat from the Seventy. Half of the things that were mentioned were way over his head, things like, the second coming, deep spiritual gifts and learning Russian. But it didn't even faze him, if only all of our investigators would be like S.M. the whole city of Helsinki would pretty much turn into the city of Enoch.
 
Speaking of Russian though, man I have never used so many random phrases in different languages to preach the gospel in my whole life. Just this past week I've had to use all the Russian, Italian, Swedish, Cantonese and Mandarin that I know (which really isn't all that much) to make contact with these people. I wasn't super good at learning Russian, but I really hope that I'll catch on to Swedish while I'm here. The vocabulary seems pretty similar to English, so there's a good chance i'l catch on to some by the time I leave the mission field. 

Bläbår=Blueberry 
Tåg=train 
Jordgubb=Strawberry 

I'll get there someday!!!!

This week during personal study, I've been focusing on how I can fully fulfill my purpose here in the field, I came across this scripture in D&C 6:34-37 it reminds me of the care that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for us and for the sacrifices that have been made for us to be on this earth today. 

34 Therefore, fear not, little flockdo good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock,they cannot prevail.

 35 Behold, do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which have commanded you.

 36 Look unto me in every thoughtdoubt not, fear not.

 37 Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful,keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen.

Doubt not. Fear not. Do good. Be faithful. Keep my commandments. 

That's all He asks of us. I know that it's by doing the simple things that great testimonies and great acts come to pass before us. I hope you all have a good week! 

Sisar Kwok

 
Sister Hayter and I in the Metro

Lutheran church. again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment