Monday, May 4, 2015

Change calls! What a treat!

Hyvää päivä kaikille! 

This week was another beautiful week in Lappeenranta, and guess what?? Change calls came... and I'll be staying in LPR peeps!! With...(drum roll)....SISAR POWELL! 

That's right everyone, the best buds from the MTC are going to be companions now! It's super exciting but also a little bit nerve wracking. Being in the same MTC group also means that we've been out the same time, or in other words, both of us probably still don't know what people are saying 95% of the time. But we'll power through, what else can we do right? (just keep praying for us) 

Other than change calls, this week has been pretty ordinary. We've been meeting this investigator named J, who is...still interesting. Most of our lessons just end up with Sister Kwok crying in the bathroom because he'll dodge every single question we ask with answers about physics and relativity. And then he gets super frustrated when he sees that we don't understand him. But hey, he wants to get baptized and he comes to church so that's that.

I'm going to miss Sisar Dowd, not only because she quotes Disney movies like a boss and she's always smiling. But I'm going to miss her because she's taught me a lot about learning to love the work despite the highs and lows. 

I've only been a missionary for six months, and I have so much more to learn but I sincerely love it here. Sometimes it's difficult to keep my head up, most of the time I just feel like I'm that one sower who is casting all of the seeds onto the stony and barren ground. But I know that success isn't defined by numbers. 

As Ammon said in Alma 26:

  27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictionsand will give unto you success.

 28 And now behold, we have come, and been forth amongst them; and we have been patient in our sufferings,and we have suffered every privation; yea, we have traveled from house to house, relying upon the mercies of the world—not upon the mercies of the world alone but upon the mercies of God.

...

 30 And we have suffered all manner of afflictions, and all this, that perhaps we might be the means of saving some soul; and we supposed that our joy would be full if perhaps we could be the means of saving some.

 31 Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors; and are they few? say unto you, Nay, they are manyyea, and we can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their brethren and also towards us.


 

Many times, we will not see the fruits of our labors, but I bear my testimony that they will come. We may not see them now, nor later in life. We may not even see them until we are brought to the judgement bar, but eventually we will look back on our lives and recognize that as long as we served the Lord with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength, good fruits will come forth. 

I know that God lives, that He loves us. I know that His only begotten Son came to earth to atone for our sins, and that because of Him we all have the chance to inherit eternal happiness. I sincerely know that the Book of Mormon is true, I have read it, I have studied it, and I have received that answer for myself.

 I love you all! Have a great week!

Nepalese food with the Zone Leaders, so good! 


​Jäätelötötterö!!! (that word is for you dad!) 

Rakkaudella! 
Sisar Kwok 
 









NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment